Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Themed Drabbles Set 28

Sullustan

Oddly enough, the first assassin was a Sullustan. I had been expecting something; a Bothan maybe; a Jedi definitely. I hadn't even interned any Sullustans. As far as I knew, Sullust had not even been interdicted or attacked.

Such are the vagaries of war. I did regret having to delta-vee Sullust as an act of reprisal; after I found out that it was the Chev who hired him.

I didn't feel as bad burning the Chev's homeworld to cinders. I never did like them. Tresina Lobi was a Chev; I remember being happy when I heard she had been killed.


Bothan

The Bothans had annoyed me since the end of the War. Half of the ports I had visited they were there. Trying to hide from me, even as they watched me; hoping I would lead them to the Yuuzhan Vong.

Sometimes I was amused with their antics, but after they had killed my friend, well I was glad when Lumiya offered to take care of them for me.

Besides, they deserved it. Especially after everything Borsk Fey'la did to Luke, and what they did to the Caamasi.

Despite that, I can understand their Ar'krai; that need to destroy an enemy.


Human

I had long heard about Palpatine's long-standing human bias. For years, I couldn't understand it. I didn't know why he felt that way. Yet, the more I deal with the aliens in the military and with Niathal in particular, the more I do realize it.

It's a matter of everything; from their inscrutable faces or their odd emotional resonances in the Force. It's just so… inhuman.

The more I deal with them, the more I realize just how much I hate them. How much I hate everything about them.

Maybe it's just that I can understand humans so much easier.


Mon Calamari

The Mon Calamari are beginning to make complaints. They're talking about the lack of freedoms, and of course, the untimely death of Niathal.

Not that I care, per se, but it is annoying. I would hate to have to resurrect the World Devastators to turn on them. It is an ingenious solution to the problem of the Mon Calamari though; I do have to give Palpatine that.

My door opened, and it is all I can do to not snarl at the being who walked into my ready room. Yet another of those fish folk.

I really do hate them.


Wookiee

I remember standing on the bridge of the Anakin Solo watching Kashyyk burn. I remember the way my lips curled at the sight. Part of me, a deep, dead part, mourned for all those creatures killed. A part of me, could hear dear, old, dead, Chewie howling in pain from the sight.

Yet, I had stood there, gave the order, and then smiled as my Star Destroyer razzed the forest planet.

I knew I had lost the loyalty of the Wookiees, but that didn't matter. Of greater concern was the loss of Hapans loyalty.

Despite it all, I still smiled.

No comments: