Monday, November 26, 2007

I Want to be Your Knight: Chapter 17

Previous Chapter


I stalked through the corridors of the ship, the muscles of my back a tightly knotted mass of pain. I had slept on that couch for a good three hours, and finally the pain had gotten great enough to waken me. So there I was, wandering the halls, frustrated by the pain and the situation. Since it was ship-board night, only every third light was currently lit, which meant that I was getting a slight headache from the light then dark then light from my walking down the corridors.

Yet I couldn't slow down. Too much had happened recently. Too many things that had confused and bothered me. And this trip with the girls really didn't help things with my mental equilibrium. It's almost as if Kyp knew the hassle I was having with the two girls. My almost compulsive need to get Jys' attention and forgiveness compared to Seha's obvious interest in me.

Neon lighting caught my eye and I stopped. I glanced to my left and found myself staring into a bar. I felt the urge to go in there and drink myself into oblivion, or at least until I forget my girl troubles.

Instead, I sighed, and turned away, returning to my walking, and thought of a new problem to occupy my thoughts. Revenge.

I needed to think up a way to get back at Kyp for putting me in this spot in the first place. It's all his fault that we're all registered as husband and wives. I wanted to scream and pull at my hair, but if I started doing that, I'm not sure I would be able to stop before ship's security showed up and hauled me away, probably tranquilizing me along the way.

Of course, since I have two wives to go back to, that might not be that bad of an idea.

Sighing, I realized that I hadn't even thought up a punishment for Kyp. That despite my intention to come up with a great prank to torture him with, I was once more thinking about Jysella and Seha. So, I gave up and decided that Jysella could come up with Kyp's punishment. Looking around, I got my bearings and turned down another corridor, heading back to the room I shared with the girls.

I unlocked the door and then walked into the darkened room. The door closed behind me with a sigh, and I stood there, waiting until my eyes could adjust to the dark.

Looking over at the bed, I could make out the two lumps that were Jys and Seha. I walked to Jys' side of the bed, and pulled the covers up over her shoulders. She clutched them tighter, nestling into the covers. I looked over at Seha on the far side of the bed, and noticed that she had the covers pulled up almost over the top of her head. Eying the space between the girls, I sighed realizing that there really was enough room for me on the bed with them.

For a moment, I almost climbed in. Well, maybe more than a moment. It was actually more like a good five minutes that I stood there, an internal war being waged on if I should get in the bed or not. Personally, I think it would have been an incredibly warm and comfortable night. Yet something stopped me. Call it my innate sense of fair play, of chivalry. Or we can call it the simple fear of what would happen when either of the girls woke up with me there.

So, instead of sleeping in between Jys and Seha, I took the route that would lead to me being able to wake up not dead the next morning. I sat back down on the couch, and leaned my head back.

A few minutes later I was asleep.

To be woken by someone dumping a carafe of freezing water onto my head.

Sputtering, and spitting water out of my mouth, I shot upright. My head snapped forward at the shock of the water. I blinked a few times, and then looked up to find Jysella standing over me, a smirk on her lips. The empty pitcher held in one hand.

"Oh," she said, the smirk changing to a too sweet smile. "You're awake. Good. Get a shower, and then you've got to take your wives to breakfast. We're hungry"

I sighed, and switched focus to Seha who was sitting on the bed, her cheeks burning brightly. Then I focused back onto Jys. "You're embarrassing Seha."

Jysella shrugged her shoulders, trying her best to look nonchalant. "Not her fault her husband feels the need for two wives. Misogynist."

I felt my face twist into a scowl. "Masochist, more like it. Besides, it's not like I asked for two wives." Then I leaned back in the couch, a smirk coming to my face as my eyes narrowed slightly. "Well, at least I managed to get one that's cute."

The Force flickered, and I ducked, as the pitcher she had been holding slammed into the wall centimeters from my head, shattering in the process. I stood up, chuckling. and leaned closer to her. "Has anyone told you how cute you are when you're angry?"

Her eyes narrowed and I could feel the Force warning me of impending danger. A flash of pale skin, flashing green eyes and red hair appeared in between me and Jysella. I blinked and realized that Seha had stood up and inserted herself between us. She pushed me away from Jysella and towards the refresher. "You. Shower," she demanded from between clenched teeth. Then she turned towards Jysella, and frowned at her. "And you, you started it, so don't get mad at him."

I walked towards the refresher, and for the first time since Jysella had told us that everyone on the ship thought we were married, I found the whole situation amusing. I fought back the urge to laugh, scared slightly that I wouldn't stop, and looked back over my shoulder towards Seha. With my best Solo smile on my lips, I said, "As you command, o cute wife of mine."

Seha blushed brightly, as Jysella growled. She then leaned over and scooped up a pillow, flinging it in my direction. I barked a laugh as I dodged the pillow and then ducked into the refresher shutting the door behind me.

Still chuckling, I stripped down and climbed into the sonic shower. As I scrubbed myself clean, I wished that the Jedi would have opted for a room with real water. After all, one never feels really clean after a sonic shower. I mean, how cheap can you be. It's bad enough that they lie and say the three of us are married, but then they don't even spring for real water. I'm certain mom would have been scandalized.

I stepped out of the shower, and saw that someone had brought me in a change of clothes. I made a mental note to thank Seha, and then quickly got dressed. Frowning slightly, I noticed how garish the ensemble looked. In shock, I stared at my reflection in the mirror to realize that I was dressed in a pair of burgundy pants that I didn't remember owning, and an orange shirt that hurt my eyes. Burned really.

Heck, that particular shade of orange made me want to gouge my eyes out with the first thing my hand could find.

Turning away from the mirror, I made a mental note to not thank Seha, but rather to smack Jysella for this outfit.

As I left the refresher, both of the girls turned towards me. Jysella didn't even bother hiding her amusement--rather she burst out laughing, falling off the edge of the bed in the process. I looked over to Seha, a stormy expression on my face, to notice that she was chewing on her lower lip, rather visibly holding in her laughter. At that moment, I loved her for her restraint and self-control.

Calmly, and to be honest I was somewhat surprised that I didn't scream and yell, I walked over to where my bag had been stowed, and dug around until I found one of my Corellian-style outfits. Navy tunics, and a tan, long-sleeved, natural fiber shirt. Without looking at the girls, I returned to the fresher and quickly changed. I emerged from the refresher, to find Seha sitting on the bed, not facing me, her shoulders slightly shaking while Jys sat on the floor, leaning onto the bed, amusement curling her lips, as her blue eyes met mine.

Shaking my head, I walked over to the door, and pushed it open and stepped through.

Once on the far side, I sighed, and glanced back into the room. "Honeys, I thought you both said you were hungry."

Pain sliced through my mind accompanied by the feather-light touch of Jysella's Force presence as her voice called out, "Coming, dear."

I was rubbing my temple, as Jysella and Seha emerged from the cabin. Jysella looked at me, and with the most innocent face possible, asked, "Headache?"

She even blinked twice and looked concerned.

Smirking, I nodded my head. Slowly. I had learned earlier what happened when you moved your head fast with one of those pains. After all, Jysella believed in gifts that kept on giving.

"Yes. You know how it is. One minute you're fine, the next a kind of short, black-haired, blue-eyed acklay is mucking about in your brain." Ignoring the dangerous glint that had appeared in Jys' blue eyes, I grabbed one of each of the girls' hands in one of mine and started walking. "I think I know where to go today, so let's find a cafeteria on this boat."



Next Chapter

No comments: