Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Themed Drabbles Set 26

Shirt

I looked up to see her standing in the doorway; she's wearing nothing but my shirt. It's a button up Corellian style job, that reaches her mid thigh, and not for the first time I'm left speechless by her.

Two years ago, I would have been speechless because I wasn't able to get a word in edgewise. Yet the experience she had at the hands of the Vong changed that.

She still looked great.

She giggled at me; I blinked, and snapped my mouth close. With her blond hair swirling around her, she turned and went back into the bedroom.


Pants

"Where the kriff are my pants?" I snarled out, as I rummaged through the clothes lying on the floor. I could feel Uncle Luke getting closer to my quarters, and I really wanted to be out in the hallway to meet him.

I didn't want to listen to a lecture about Tahiri being in my room.

Again.

She held up my pants, amusement in her voice. "Here they are.

Snatching them out of her hands, I slipped them on and then rushed into the corridor to meet Uncle Luke.

He turned the corner, and stared at me, one eyebrow arched.


Dress

I stood in the hallway outside her quarters, fidgeting slightly. I didn't know why I was so nervous; we were just going down to the Black Level for dinner. Having a meal together; in theory it was something we'd done hundreds if not thousands of times before. Yet this time was different.

There was a formality here that wasn't there before.

The door opened, and a vision stepped out.

She wore a navy dress; her hair was piled atop her head, small diamonds glittered around her neck and at the lobes of her ears.

Yet again, I was struck speechless.


Uniform

I slipped into my uniform and fastened the closures. I felt oddly restrained in the light battle armor that Uncle Luke provided for the task force. For some reason, I didn't feel like a Jedi. I felt like a soldier. Memories of classes with Kyle Katarn and his recollections of being a Storm Trooper flickered through my mind and I sighed.

Closing the last fastener, I looked at my teammates. Only days into the mission, and I already have one casualty. Only days into it and Jacen thinks I would order someone to be tortured.

What a failure I am.


Cloak

I'm neither here nor there.

I know that now, and though I'm only beginning to understand, I realize just how in touch with everything I am. Obi-Wan said that it shouldn't have been possible for me to still be aware after joining the Force, but Qui-Gon just laughed at him; told him that the Force does as it wills.

I ignored them both, and focused my sense on her. I wanted to see her.

My surroundings wavered and I found myself in a clearing in a wood. All that is around is a pyre and her.

In my old cloak.

No comments: